Moi

Moi

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Drum roll please...

It's been 30 days since I first started my P90X adventure and it has been exactly that, an adventure. Though I'm only 1/3 of the way done, I can honestly say it's worth the pain. I am starting to feel better about myself, not only physically, but mentally as well. Having that drive to keep going day after day is increasing steadily and I now find myself craving the burn. Quite honestly the first 2 weeks weren't easy, but it definitely gave me a good work out. The 4th week in the P90X schedule is different than the first 3. It's less hardcore, for a lack of a better word. The workout included: Yoga, Kempo, Stretch, and Core Synergistics. The core synergistics workout was the one that presented me with more of the burn I was looking for, but ultimately I felt that the week was lacking for me. The design of the work out is to have a recovery week, which is usually the last week of each month (or 30 day cycle). But I digress... let's get to what really matters.


Here are the results after 30 days:

                             DAY 1                   DAY 30
LEFT LEG           27.5 inches             22 inches*
RIGHT LEG        27.5 inches            22 inches*
HIPS                     37.5 inches             37 inches
WAIST                 27 inches                26 inches
LEFT ARM.        10.5 inches             11 inches
RIGHT ARM.     10.5 inches             11 inches
CHEST                 34 inches                34 inches

* I'm not quite sure this measurement is correct. There may have been a flaw in the initial measument on Day 1.


This data was obtained by our Bowflex body fat scale:

                                Day 1                      Day 30
WEIGHT                 133.8.                    130.8
BMI                         25.3                       24.7
BODY FAT             29.3%                   29.2%
BODY WATER.     51.8%                   51.8%
MUSCLE MASS    34.4%.                  34.7%
VISCERAL FAT     7                           6
BMR                       1390 cal                1377 cal

As previously mentioned, I did not take Day 1 pictures, I took them on week 3. Therefore the comparative pictures will have to wait until week 7. Until then, let the calorie burning continue!

"The results you acheive will be in direct proportion to the effort you apply"
-Denis Waitley

No comments:

Post a Comment