Moi

Moi

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oops!

I'm not entirely proud of the past 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. Not only have I not been exercising in the morning, but I skip exercises and never "get around" to doing them. To make matters worse, I haven't been eating well at all. I've been indulging in pretty much anything I'd like. I'm sure this will be a major setback when it comes time to getting back on the scale. And speaking of which... last week, Thursday, I decided to weigh myself and see if I've gained any weight as a result of my piss poor judgement. Luckily, I didn't gaing anything, but I also didn't really lose any weight either.

Coming into this exercise and new outlook on food consumption I knew that I would lose weight. I never imagined I would lose as much as I did and so quickly, though. I quickly realized that at one point I would stop losing weight. As I've seen happen in many episodes of "The Biggest Loser" and from previous knowledge of weight loss in general. At a certain point your weight loss begins to dwindle and seeing as how I'm of a small build I knew that my weight loss would cease all together. Which, in truth, is fine for me. Losing 8 lbs has made me realize that my body is fine just the way it is. Right now. I don't need to lose more weight, but definitely not gain any more. I've put all the hard work from the past 60+ days in jepordy due to my gluttony.

What makes matters worse is that my bad decisions in the past week haven't really affected me emotionally. I'm so close to the end of P90X and it almost seems like I've already given up. I've become content, not happy, with the results and in a way I'm kind of saying to myself, "Ok, you've done enough. This is good enough." But if I plan to start an all new workout regimen after my trip to Punta Cana I need to maintain the workout mind set. Not to mention that Warrior Dash is 11 days away! Oh, and it's also the same day as my birthday party. I hope not to get too seriously injured that I will be prevented to enjoying the night :( I guess that means I need to shape up, no pun intended. Put my laziness aside and stop indulging in salty, fatty foods.

Maybe it's the warm weather. Sweating bullets at home with no fan or air conditioning isn't quite appealing. I don't know. I may just be looking for excuses to give up. It's always easier to just give up. But I've come too far in the program to just give up now. *sigh*

I'm not looking forward to the photos this week, but I'll put them up anyway. Who knows, they may be a reality check . If I visibly gained weight in them it'll probably get me back on track for the next 2 weeks. I sure hope so...

No comments:

Post a Comment